Senior Security Operations Engineer
San DiegoBack to Careers Page
Who We Are
We are Black Mountain, a rapidly growing software company with more than 140 employees in San Diego, New York and London. Our customers are leading Wall Street and alternative investment firms who have diverse needs that are not met by off-the-shelf solutions. We create innovative, practical, and comprehensive solutions to help our customers manage their business. We are looking for smart, creative people who can tailor our software to meet any challenge that our clients can dream up.
What We Value
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- People who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas and driving change
- Energetic and passionate teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Hard-working individuals who habitually do more than asked
What We Need
- Expertise with implementation of security best practices and industry standards, and in-depth knowledge of cyber-attack tactics, monitoring techniques, data protection, and incident management
- Clear understanding of security engineering, system and network security, security testing, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Experience in setting up and configuring log aggregation utilities, monitoring network and system security logs, and assisting infrastructure, development, and security teams identify, analyze, and resolve issues
- Experience architecting and implementing enterprise level security solutions for Cloud companies (SaaS, IaaS, etc).
- Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, enjoy solving complex problems, and excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating automated processes using well-known frameworks such as PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.
- Possession of a current industry certification (CISSP, GIAC, SSCP, etc.); security operations specific certifications a plus (GCIA, GCIH, CASP, etc.)
- Security Operations: Configuration and maintenance of security tools, applications, and processes to include next-generation firewalls, endpoint protection, email protection, and logging generation, collection, and analysis.
- Security Monitoring: Primarily responsible for security event monitoring, and for creating and tuning custom detection rules
- Security Incident Management: Identify incidents and lead investigations, reporting, and resolution
- Threat Management: Analyze threat intel, identify threat vectors, perform threat modeling, and develop use cases for security monitoring
- Reporting: Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for security operations based on detected incidents / events
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of strategic IT security projects & initiative
What We Offer
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact, immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Numerous team building activities, such as monthly happy hours to promote collaboration
- An annual trip for the whole company to somewhere where we can collaborate and have fun (Cabo, New York, Vegas, etc.)
- 4 Weeks of vacation
Think You're a Good Fit?
Thank you for considering a career at Black Mountain. Please take a minute to fill out the following form for this position.