Training & Content Manager
(Contract to Perm)
New York CityBack to Careers Page
Who We Are
We are Black Mountain Systems, a rapidly growing software company with more than 140 employees in San Diego, New York and London. Our customers are leading Wall Street and alternative investment firms who have diverse needs that are not met by off-the-shelf solutions. We create innovative, practical, and comprehensive solutions to help our customers manage their business. We are looking for smart, creative people who can tailor our software to meet any challenge that our clients can dream up.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Intelligent individuals looking to apply themselves creatively
- People who are comfortable speaking up, sharing ideas and driving change
- Energetic and passionate teammates looking for more than just a job to pay the bills
- Hard-working individuals who habitually do more than asked
About the Role
This is a brand new role within our organization reporting to the Director of Client Relationship Management. The person will be tasked with proactively seeking out and absorbing the technical and business knowledge of our software products that exists internally, and then distilling and converting that knowledge into a range of training content that informs and educates both our clients and internal staff. This person will then personally deliver this content as a trainer, steadily building out a range of additional delivery methods, and contribute to the strategic direction of this new team.
The audiences range from highly technical to very non-technical, and also range from expert to novices of the institutional financial services industry. This role’s initial focus will be to create and deliver training content to both technical and non-technical clients and Black Mountain staff, particularly as it relates to newly released functionality.
Being successful in this role requires working internally with a candid and hard-working team of technology and sales professionals who are passionate about their careers and driven to succeed. Being an effective team member at Black Mountain overall requires the ability to multi-task, be accountable, and to prioritize and track a large number of tasks and responsibilities, without losing focus or becoming overwhelmed.
- Become proficient in the core business uses of our financial software products, and personally deliver training to our clients during their implementation
- Establish a foundation of training & education materials for our core products, along with a set of scalable procedures for keeping them regularly updated
- Engage with our internal experts from the Product and Development teams after major software releases to understand the new features & enhancements to our software, and then update our training materials
- Produce a range of training and education content, including but not limited to: online documentation, training videos, facilitator guides & exercises, reference guides, cheat-sheets, release notes, and other self-help and trainer led materials
- Work with the Client Relationship, Implementations and Marketing teams after each release to distill the key benefits and concepts for use in client meetings, live events, webinars, and marketing campaigns
- Provide training sessions for internal staff that educates and equips both technical and non-technical people to understand and use our software products, and other non-product related content as required
- Based in New York City with the potential for 15-25% travel to regional financial centers including New York, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and other locations as needed
- Hands-on experience performing all of the Core Responsibilities outlined above within the institutional financial industry
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role in a professional capacity
- Having personally produced and delivered training for relevant financial industry content is essential (institutional content – not insurance, financial planning, or other tertiary industry)
- Experience providing hands-on training for groups and individuals, both onsite and remotely
- Experience producing client-facing training materials that summarize complex processes and functions
- Experience with technology, technical terms, and technical people
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise, and targeted written materials
- Experience delivering “train-the-trainer” sessions to other would-be trainers
- Able to establish credibility with senior and executive contacts within the financial industry
- Have a healthy appetite for constantly learning new concepts, functionality and technology. This role will constantly be on the cutting edge of learning our products and services.
- Must be comfortable working in a constantly changing environment with evolving priorities
- Must be accountable, have a strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency and ownership
- Able to work independently and also understand the value and necessity of team collaboration
- Display a positive attitude and tenacity amidst challenges, adversity, changing priorities or time constraints
Think You're a Good Fit?
Thank you for considering a career at Black Mountain. Please take a minute to fill out the following form for this position.