Each release of Everest is chock-full of new features and enhancements. To emphasize some of the most compelling, we compile a “Highlighted Features” PowerPoint with every major release. This is made available along with full Release Notes through our online documentation portal known as “Lift” (contact your Relationship Manager for access).
We’re now taking this a step further – here in Apex Adviser we’ll select some the most powerful enhancements from these presentations to describe in greater detail. This month we focus on a time-saving new feature in Everest version 5.2 that promotes knowledge sharing and collaboration across your team: Shared Views.
Everest has allowed the saving of individual views for a long time, but this new enhancement allows users to share views they’ve created with their colleagues. Views that are shared across several users will appear in a new “Shared Views” section toward the bottom of the Views > drop-down menu.
Follow these simple steps to share one of your existing views:
1. Navigate to Views > Manage Views through the dashboard drop-down menu
2. A Manage Views window will appear – in the Manage Roles column choose the security roles to share with
3. Ensure the value in the Visibility column has updated to “Shared”
4. Select Save & Close in the upper left corner
5. Return to the Views > drop-down menu and your view is now saved in a new “Shared Views” section
Administrator Note: In order to take advantage of this new feature, a user must have the ManageDataPanelViews setting within the Users Manager set to “True”.